What we will do for you
- We will always offer the treatment we believe is best, by a suitably qualified person, with your informed consent.
- We will provide information about our services on our website, in our practice booklets and newsletters.
- We will make every effort to see you promptly. Medical emergencies will receive immediate attention and there will be a duty doctor available each day to deal with these.
- If you require a specific time and a specific doctor you may have to wait a little longer.
- Medical advice is available 24 hours a day by dialing 111 for the NHS 111 service.
- We will inform you how to get results of investigations.
- Repeat prescriptions will normally be available after 2 working days. We do not accept requests for prescriptions over the phone.
- We will strive to promote good health through preventative medicine.
- We will respect patients' rights of confidentiality and access to medical records within the law.
- We will try to deal rapidly with any problems or complaints.
What you can do for us
- Missed appointments: please inform the receptionist as soon as possible if you are unable to attend for an appointment. If you inform us, we may be able to offer the appointment slot to someone else. You will always be treated with courtesy and respect. We do monitor our waiting lists and patients found to be repeatedly failing to keep their appointments or repeatedly arriving late for their appointment will be removed from the practice list. If you are late you may be asked to re-book your appointment for another day/time.
- To help ease the demand on the practice telephone system please can you avoid ringing the practice during busy times (8am – 10.30am) during Monday to Friday for all NON URGENT requests.
- If you move, change your name or telephone number please let us know it is important that you inform us as soon as possible. This will help us to keep your records up to date should we need to contact you or refer you to other services.
- If you move outside the practice area (see map on back cover) we will be unable to continue your care and will therefore write and inform you of this
- We ask that you switch your mobile phones to ‘mute’ once inside the practice.
- This practice operates a Zero Tolerance Policy. If you are offensive, aggressive or abusive to any of our staff you will be removed from our practice list immediately without warning. We will forwarded your details to the local Registration Authority